The Client needed to deliver big data analytics dashboard for a wide range of users without developing an OS dependent Mobile App, as this choice would have resulted into increased ancillary costs. He also needed a server-side layer that could process mountains of data and stream it on many different handsets each with its own OS version and hardware capacity.
Our team analyzes Client’s current business intelligence stack and builds a new efficient tool to turn big data into the right business decisions.
The solution needed to provide data rich infographics and charts that could run smoothly for all users. Another constraint was represented by the security settings that were to be implemented with the IaaS chosen by the client: Amazon's AWS (Amazon Web Services).
We recognized the solution was critical for our Client’s business and development needed to be fast and, mostly, cost effective. We then suggested the following action points as a way forward:
- Decoupling the new big data analytics dashboard architecture from the existing desktop dashboard to save on integration costs.
- Simplifying the cloud architecture and rebuilding it on free open-source data database management system, which would allow the Client to have all functions necessary for the big data analytics.
- Facilitating big data management by employing open-source tools for big data integration.
KDM FORCE in less than two months has developed the Client's new mobile optimized Web App.
New mobile-optimized Web App, developed by KDM FORCE, provides User with Users the three following functional areas:
- The QoS KPIs graphs: The graphs have been optimized for handheld devices. Users could easily monitor any aspect of the MVNO services' QoE with customized big data dashboards. The graphs also provided the Network Operation Centers (NOCs) with precise real-time information about the Quality, the Integrity and the Performance of the Services.
- Alerts: Coupled with a smart alerting system, this continuous monitoring allows the NOCs to be warned about any confirmed service deterioration to prevent any severe service interruption of services' delivery proactively.
- APN (Access Point Name) real-time monitoring: The real-time monitoring of the APNs allowed to ensure that service were being delivered complies with the SLAs, and that it is not inferior to the MNO’s own service through custom big data dashboards and a smart alert system.
The Client, Enel, an Italian multinational manufacturer and distributor of electricity and gas that serves 61 million customers, at the time of the project had just formed it's own MVNO to connect its domestic smart meters around the country and to allow other M2M (Machine to Machine) services within its network and, despite the existence of a complete service dashboard for desktops and video wall, wanted to provide real-time BI (Business Intelligence) into the MVNO service metrics from mobile devices.